Nominate a Colleague
Now Accepting Nominations for the 2024 ACFP Awards
Student Leadership - Rising Star Award
The Student Leadership – Rising Star Award supports, promotes, and recognizes students, our future leaders and advocates for family medicine. It is awarded to two medical students (one from the University for Alberta and one from the University of Calgary).
Recipients are nominated by their peers or members of the public, or are self-nominated.
Deadline to submit a nomination is April 1, 2024.
- Nominee is a student enrolled in the undergraduate medical degree program at either University of Alberta or the University of Calgary
- Nominee is NOT a current member of the ACFP Board or the Awards and Recognition Committee
- Demonstrates a genuine interest in family medicine which is reflected in his or her experiences and chosen electives
- Participates in various family medicine activities during their studies (e.g., participation in a Family Medicine Interest Group, Student Information Session, Shadowing Program, or attending the Annual Family Medicine Summit)
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills in advocacy, community service, and/or education
Email the ACFP at ACFPAwards@acfp.ca.
2023 ACFP Award Recipients
The ACFP is proud to celebrate all physicians, residents, students, and clinics who demonstrate excellence in family practice.
To learn more about this year’s amazing list of recipients as well as previous ACFP Award winners, visit our Award Recipients page through the button below.