Become a Member
Benefits Of Joining Your Alberta Chapter
Becoming a member of the Alberta College of Family Physicians (ACFP) means joining a robust, active and collegial network of members! Touted as one of the leading provincial colleges, we work on behalf of family doctors in a host of different practice types, in urban and rural centres, and in various stages of their careers.
The Alberta Advantage
Your Alberta Chapter aligns closely with our national college – the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) – by providing programs and services to more than 5,600 members. We are here to assist you with continued professional development (CPD) learning opportunities and support programs that help you to provide high-quality patient care, and throughout your career.
As the voice of family physicians in this province, we play a vital role in government advocacy and policy development on behalf of our members. We collaborate with health care organizations, and key decision makers to represent the needs and best interests of family physicians and their patients in Alberta. You can review our recent advocacy efforts by reviewing our lobbying efforts.
The ACFP proudly provides:
- CPD Offerings & Calendar of Events
- Mainpro+ Certification services
- Member Opportunities
- Member Excellence
- Resident Support
- Student Support
Become a Member
Discover the CFPC and learn more about the value of membership, group benefits, and how to become a CFPC/ACFP member today!
Earn More Than 100 Certified Credits – Anywhere, Anytime Through CFPClearn
CFPCLearn is CFPC’s online learning platform providing expansive continuing professional development (CPD) and continuing medical education (CME) opportunities and is led by the Programs and Practice Supports Department’s Knowledge Experts and Tools (KET) Program*.
Save time while you watch listen or read education on your schedule!
- Tools for Practice evidence summaries
- Podcasts and video recordings of Practical Talks for Family Docs, the CFPC’s collection of presentations on key clinical topics relevant to family practice in Canada
- Video recordings of talks from the Practical Evidence for Informed Practice Conference and the Family Medicine Summit from the Alberta College of Family Physicians
- A new interactive online game, Choose Your Briefs, based on the popular Jeopardy!-style game format that the Patients, Experience, Evidence, Research (PEER) team presents at medical conferences across Canada
Annual subscriptions for CFPCLearn will be available for $299 for CFPC members. To learn more visit https://cfpclearn.ca.
*The ACFP is a proud contributing partner of the CFPC’s KET program.