The ACFP proudly hosts the Research Showcase as apart of our annual Family Medicine Summit (Summit). This unique research event has become one of the most valued opportunities in Alberta for family medicine and primary care researchers to present and share their research projects. We’re very privileged to have some of the best researchers in Alberta in attendance at this event. Summit registrants are encouraged to attend the Research Workshops to hear the excellent oral presentations that are made, and celebrate and interact with our research community while viewing the posters on display in the evening at the conference reception. The Research Showcase is solely a forum for presentation of research. Marketing of products, services or software are not allowed at the Showcase.
Thank you for your submissions. The Call for Abstracts for the 2024 Research Showcase is now closed.
Abstract Submission Rules and Regulations
- No limit to the number of abstracts an author may submit
- One abstract form is required for each abstract submitted
- Submissions will be peer-reviewed. The Research Showcase Review Committee will evaluate and score each abstract based on the following criteria:
- Relevance and importance to family medicine
- Relevance to primary care research and researchers
- Clear, well-written description, well-defined objectives, appropriate learning methods/style, and sufficient data for evaluation
- Research Review Committee reserves the right to decide the presentation format of your submission, and may also limit the number of oral presentations for each presenter
- Decisions for acceptance are finalized in January