Nominate a Colleague
Now Accepting Nominations for the 2024 ACFP Awards
Outstanding New Professional Award (ONP)
The New Professional Award recognizes a family physician, in his or her first five years of practice, who has not only successfully established his/her career, but has demonstrated balance through commitment to family, patients, colleagues and community. Examples may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Served as a volunteer in the community
Demonstrated proficiency and competency in providing care to patients
- Opened a new practice – solo or group
- Contributed to a new practice or locum, by sharing on-call duties, working with colleagues, and other health professionals in a team environment
- Participated as a valued member of a professional committee
- Provided leadership through involvement in teaching and/ or research
- Improved problem-solving skills in the clinic and/ or hospital setting
Recipients are nominated by their peers or members of the public, or are self-nominated.
Deadline to submit a nomination is April 1, 2024.
- Nominee is an Active Member, as defined by the CFPC Membership Policy (Non-Member Mainpro+® Participants are not eligible)
- Nominee is an ACFP member in good standing
- Nominee is in his or hers first five years of practice
- Nominee is NOT a current member of the ACFP Board or the Awards and Recognition Committee
Email the ACFP at ACFPAwards@acfp.ca.
2023 ACFP Award Recipients
The ACFP is proud to celebrate all physicians, residents, students, and clinics who demonstrate excellence in family practice.
To learn more about this year’s amazing list of recipients as well as previous ACFP Award winners, visit our Award Recipients page through the button below.