The ACFP is pleased to announce that free subscriptions to the Pain BC Pain Foundation courses have been extended to March 2024. The ACFP has a limited number of subscriptions available so act fast.
The “Pain Foundations” courses offer a great introduction to understanding, managing, and treating chronic pain. Empower your patients to self-manage pain and learn to:
- Identify and recognize the underlying symptoms of acute and chronic pain from a biopsychosocial perspective
- Use tools to monitor the biopsychosocial impact of pain on patients and to assess their pain management plans
- Implement non-pharmacological strategies to create holistic and individualized treatment plans for people living with pain
We have three subscription types available:
- Pain Foundations for Primary Care Providers – an online course designed specifically for physicians, nurse practitioners and nurses to improve their understanding of chronic pain and how to address the challenges of pain assessment and treatment
- Pain Foundations for Allied Health Providers – an online course designed for allied health care providers to improve their understanding of chronic pain and how to address the challenges of pain assessment and treatment
- Gentle Movement and Relaxation Course for Patients – an online course designed to provide practical knowledge and resources for their own movement and relaxation programs for people living with chronic pain
Once registered, you will have access to the course for an entire year.
To learn more about Pain BC and its offerings, please visit: www.painbc.ca/health-professionals.