Family physicians and pharmacists are working together to help with the vaccination rollout.
Alberta Health has asked us to join forces to help promote the importance of getting vaccinated. As part of our joint campaign family physicians and pharmacists are encouraged to submit their video testimonials of why it’s important to get vaccinated.
The ACFP is calling upon members to send in a quick video for inclusion in the campaign.
Please submit your video by Tuesday morning, June 29, 2021.
Email your videos to Susan Wong Armstrong at firstname.lastname@example.org or try sending them via iCloud link or a Google Drive share.
Capturing Your Video
- Use Your Own Device (cellphone, laptop, etc.) with built-in recording (please see tips below before you record).
- Please record responses one of three options. If you would like to provide all three options please send them in separate files or provide a long pause between takes (so we can edit the videos accordingly):
What to Say
- Why you should get vaccinated? (When recording yourself please ensure there are pauses between your spoken response; this includes giving yourself a moment after you hit record; first response – pause – second response)
Hi, I’m <insert your name and region you serve>. Too many lives have been affected by COVID. Get yourself vaccinated to protect yourself, your family, and your community.
- Family doctors and pharmacists are here for you. (When recording yourself please ensure there are pauses between your spoken response; this includes giving yourself a moment after you hit record)
Do you have questions or concerns about getting the COVID vaccines, still? Ask your family doctor or pharmacist for more information—we are here for you.
- The COVID-19 Vaccines are safe. (When recording yourself please ensure there are pauses between your spoken response; this includes giving yourself a moment after you hit record)
COVID 19 vaccine is safe, effective, and ready for you. Vaccines work. Together we can beat this.
5 Tips for Recording Your Own Video
- Select a neutral background to sit/stand in front of to avoid distracting viewers.
- Adequate lighting is needed to project your best self. We recommend being in a brightly lit room. Avoid outdoor-facing windows and other bright light sources directly behind you.
- Make sure your recording space is free from distractions and any other sources of interference. Keep your doors closed or locked; place a sign letting others know you are recording and should not be disturbed.
Position your webcam at eye level. If you are using a built-in camera, consider propping up your device with books or a laptop stand. If you are using an external device, you might consider a tripod.
- Nervous? Write out what you want to say and tape the speaking notes just below their webcam
- Film your video horizontally. Keep your phone, or other devices, in a level landscape orientation.