CALL FOR ACFP COMMITTEE MEMBERS – SHARE YOUR PASSION AND GET INVOLVED
We are looking for volunteers to join various committees to help the ACFP progress into the future! We need invaluable input, innovation, and creative ideas to build and shape the programs and services that we provide to our members. Being involved in a committee is a great way to help develop the ACFP, gain experience in various member service areas, participate in system level discussions, and support the organization that supports your specialty. For more information on all ACFP Committees, including terms of reference, visit Board and Committees.
The ACFP is proud of the engaged and dedicated members helping advance excellence in family medicine in Alberta. With their guidance and expertise, the ACFP is able to deliver relevant initiatives and activities. The College invites you to get involved and is currently looking for members to fill the following vacancies.
- Governance Advisory Committee – 2 Member-at-Large positions
- Membership Advisory Committee – 1 Member-at-Large position
- Awards and Recognition Committee – 2 Member-at-Large positions (seeking a rural area representative)
- First Five Years in Family Practice Committee – 1 Member-at-Large position
- CPD Advisory Committee – 3 Member-at-Large positions
- Family Medicine Summit Committee – 2 Member-at-Large positions (seeking a rural community/practice representative)
- Learn How to Apply
The Governance Advisory committee is a standing committee of the ACFP Board and must have at least two Board of Directors, where the Chair must be a past President or Past Board member or a designate from the Board. The Governance Advisory committee has the following responsibilities:
- Annual recruitment and provision of screened nominees for potential Board members according to Board stated need
- Annual review and provision of recommendations for changes to Bylaw to be presented to the Board and then Annual Meeting of Members of the ACFP for approval
- Annual review and provision of recommendations for updates to Board Policies
- 2 Member-at-Large positions
The Membership Advisory Committee (MAC) serves to ensure the ACFP is meeting the needs of its diverse membership. The committee is responsive to emergent member needs, and will, where necessary, create sub-committees or task forces to identify and meet these needs. This committee reports to the Executive Director with strategies and recommendations and will work with the ACFP staff to implement these through operational means. We are recruiting to the following positions:
- 1 Member-at-Large position
The ACFP Awards and Recognition Committee plays an important role in building awareness for the ACFP, its members, and the significant role the ACFP plays in the advancing family practice in Alberta. The ACFP Awards and Recognition Committee recognizes, celebrates, and supports family physicians, family medicine residents, and medical students in excellence in leadership, education, advocacy, and research. The Committee helps to promote the ACFP Awards Program and plays a strong role in scanning viable candidates for provincial and national awards and recognition. We are recruiting to the following position:
- 2 Member-at-Large positions (seeking a rural area representative)
The First Five Years in Family Practice (FFYFP) Committee supports family physicians in their first five years of practice and family medicine residents’ transition into practice. The Committee acts as a resource to the ACFP for those in the early stages of their career.
- 1 Member-at-Large position
The CPD Advisory Committee is engaged and responsive to emerging trends in the development and delivery of continuing professional development opportunities for family physicians in Alberta. The Committee provides support to the College’s CPD initiatives that promote the role family physicians play in delivering the highest quality care to patients and their communities across Alberta. The committee operates in an advisory capacity by providing recommendations to the Executive Director and ACFP Board.
- 3 Member-at-Large positions
The Summit, held in the late winter/early spring of each year, provides a forum for the presentation and discussion of timely CME topics and ideas that are relevant to family physicians practising in a wide range of settings. The philosophical basis of the conference is a forum for family physicians by family physicians. The Committee is responsible for the development and delivery of the ACFP’s Family Medicine Summit (the Summit) CPD program.
- 2 Member-at-Large positions (seeking a rural community/practice representative)
HOW TO APPLY
Should you have any questions, please contact the ACFP office by telephone at 780-488-2395 or by email at email@example.com. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a letter of interest (250 words max) along with a summary of your experience or a copy of your CV. The deadline for receipt of applications is no later than Thursday, May 21, 2020.