SHARE YOUR PASSION AND GET INVOLVED
Call for ACFP Board Member Nominations
Become a member of the Alberta College of Family Physicians (ACFP) Board. Share, learn, and connect with peers to help advance excellence in family medicine across the province.
The ACFP is currently recruiting for two Director positions. The terms of office will be from March 2022 to March 2025.
The ACFP Board Member Call for Nomination deadline is October 29, 2021.
Directors of the ACFP Board are:
- Members in good standing of the ACFP
- Committed to the membership and the established values, vision, mission, and strategic priorities of the ACFP
- Willing to serve on ACFP and external committees as needed
- Active participants in the discussions and the deliberations of the Board
- Active participants in the Annual Meeting of Members (March)
- Committed to developing positive working relationships with ACFP Board members and Executive Director
How to Apply
Step 1: Prepare a nomination package for review
Nomination packages include the following documents:
- Completed Letter of Intent (LOI) to the GAC highlighting relevant experience and areas of interest (200 to 250 words)
- Completed Nomination Form
- This confirms you are an ACFP member in good standing and includes five signatures of support from fellow ACFP members for your candidacy
- Completed Skills/Competency Inventory Form
- Please note: The information collected in the Skills/Competency Inventory will act as an information tool for the GAC assessment of applicants and does not preclude anyone the opportunity from being appointed on the ACFP Board
- A current CV providing an overview of the applicant’s experience and qualifications in relation to the above criteria (limited to two pages)
Step 2: Submit your nomination package
Email your complete nomination package to email@example.com. The Government Advisory Committee (GAC) shall consider all applications before recommending the proposed slate of Directors to be circulated to all Members, at least 30 days prior to ACFP’s Annual Meeting of Members (AMM).
The ACFP Board and Committees strive to reflect the diversity of Canadian physicians and the patients we serve. As part of the ACFP’s commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI), we encourage all interested individuals to apply for any of the available vacancies.
Operational Committee Vacancies
The College is still looking for members to fill vacancies on the following operational committees. Commitment is a 3-year term from July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2024, unless otherwise stated. Click on the Committees below for more details on the position(s) and how to apply.
The Family Medicine Summit (Summit), provides a forum for the presentation and discussion of timely CME topics and ideas that are relevant to family physicians practising in a wide range of settings. The Summit Planning Committee is responsible for the development and delivery of the ACFP’s Summit CPD program. We are recruiting for the following positions:
- 3 Member-at-Large positions
The Virtual Education Committee (VEC) is an operational committee of the ACFP Continuing Professional Development Advisory Committee (CPDAC). The Committee is responsible for the development and delivery of the ACFP’s Virtual Education programming. We are recruiting for the following positions:
- 1 Member-at-Large position for a 3-year term
- 2 Member-at-Large positions for a 2-year term
- 1 Member-at-Large position for a 1-year term
The Membership Advisory Committee (MAC) serves to ensure the ACFP is meeting the needs of its diverse membership. The committee is responsive to emergent member needs, and will, where necessary, create sub-committees or task forces to identify and meet these needs. We are recruiting for the following positions:
- 2 Member-at-Large position
The ACFP Awards and Recognition Committee (ARC) recognizes and celebrates family physicians, family medicine residents, and medical students for their excellence in leadership, education, advocacy, and research. We are recruiting for the following positions:
- 1 Member-at-Large position for a 2-year term