COVID-19 WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Alberta Health Services has asked the ACFP to support regular updates to family physicians in Alberta regarding the outbreak of COVID-19. The ACFP along with Alberta Health Services (AHS), Alberta Medical Association (AMA), Primary Care Networks (PCNs), and the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) continue to share the latest information through our communication channels as it becomes available. Most channels will direct you to the same one-stop resource on the AHS website at ahs.ca/covidPHC.
- This online Red-Amber-Green (RAG) tool is designed to help Albertans determine the care they need based on their symptoms and other contributing factors.
- Document highlights include a clinical pathway, risk assessment and testing in a COVID-19 Omicron Environment. As well as management of people with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 positive results for Community Providers assessing and treating patients with respiratory symptoms.
- Family physicians are being asked by patients how to record their positive COVID tests. This is a current challenge within our system, but this patient self-report tool may be useful in having some documentation for patients to share their results with their family physician.
- The simplified guidance provides advice for frontline clinic staff in managing common questions about testing and navigating COVID.
COVID-19 Related Tools for Practice Articles
- #304 Budesonide Bests COVID-19
- #303 CO KID: Covid vaccine for kids
- #298 Long COVID: A (somewhat) short summary of risks, symptoms, and natural course
- #297 Opening a can of helminths: Ivermectin for COVID-19
- #294 Real World Evidence for COVID-19 Vaccines
Never Miss a “COVID-19 Rapid Reviews”
Sign-up for Tools for Practice
- COVID-19 Immunization FAQs, AHS
- COVID-19 Mandatory Immunization FAQ, AHS
- Immunization of Workers for COVID-19 Policy, AHS
- Return to Work Guidance for Community Practices, AHS
- Infection Prevention & Control (IPC) and Exposure FAQs, AHS
- Patient Care & Testing FAQs, AHS
- Vaccination FAQ, CMPA
- COVID-19 Guidance, CPSA
- Vaccination Hesitancy Guide, University of Calgary’s School of Public Policy
- Be a Vaccine Positive Clinic Toolkit, AMA
- Immunization Resources for Health Professionals, AHS
- Guidance for the Management of Symptomatic Persons who have Received a Viral Vector COVID-19 Vaccine, AHS
- An Advisory Committee Statement (ACS) National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI), Health Canada
- Clinical questions – Contact OCTP team for advice via RAAPID
- Primary Healthcare Panel Reports, HQCA
Immunization in Pregnancy
Treatment Options with Monoclonals
- Outpatient Treatment for COVID-19, AHS
- Sotrovimab FAQs – Healthcare Providers
- Sotrovimab FAQs – Patients/Public
- Recommendations on the use of Novavax Nuvaxovid COVID-19 vaccine, NACI
Pediatric Immunization Resources
- COVID-19 Immunization for Children Under 12, AHS
- COVID-19 mRNA Vaccines for Children FAQ, University of Waterloo
- Now or Wait? COVID-19 mRNA Vaccines for Children, University of Waterloo
- The Benefits of Vaccinating Children, University of Waterloo