The ACFP proudly hosts the Research Showcase as apart of our annual Family Medicine Summit (Summit). This unique research event has become one of the most valued opportunities in Alberta for family medicine and primary care researchers to present and share their research projects. We’re very privileged to have some of the best researchers in Alberta in attendance at this event. Summit registrants are encouraged to attend the Research Workshops to hear the excellent oral presentations that are made, and celebrate and interact with our research community while viewing the posters on display in the evening at the conference reception. The Research Showcase is solely a forum for presentation of research. Marketing of products, services or software are not allowed at the Showcase.
The List of Accepted Abstracts is Finalized!
Over 40 abstracts were submitted to the 2023 Research Showcase. Submissions were reviewed and scored in December by a team of 25 experts in family medicine and primary care research.
36 abstracts have been accepted into this year’s event. Congratulations to all the researchers!
Each year, the top 6 projects from each presentation category (oral presentation and poster display) are selected for adjudication. The verdict on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place award recipients will be announced during the Awards Celebration at the Family Medicine Summit (Summit). Join us for the in-person Research Showcase sessions March 3-4, in Banff!
REGISTER FOR THE RESEARCH SHOWCASE
All submitters have been contacted. For questions regarding submissions please email email@example.com
For presentation guidelines please use the links below:
Rules and Regulations
- No limit to the number of abstracts an author may submit
- One abstract form is required for each abstract being submitted
- Submissions will be peer-reviewed. The Research Showcase review committee will evaluate and score each abstract based on the following criteria:
- Relevance and importance to family medicine
- Relevance to primary care research and researchers
- Clear, well-written description, well-defined objectives and appropriate learning methods/style
- Research Review Committee reserves the right to decide the presentation format of your submission, and may also limit the number of oral presentations for each presenter
- Decisions for acceptance will be finalized by mid January 2023
Archived What’s Up Doc? Presentations
Check out the 2019 and 2020 oral and poster presentations from past Family Medicine Summit Conferences. Click here to see a list of the posters, presentations and titles.