The ACFP proudly hosts the Research Showcase as apart of our annual Family Medicine Summit (Summit). This unique research event has become one of the most valued opportunities in Alberta for family medicine and primary care researchers to present and share their research projects. We’re very privileged to have some of the best researchers in Alberta in attendance at this event. Summit registrants are encouraged to attend the Research Workshops to hear the excellent oral presentations that are made, and celebrate and interact with our research community while viewing the posters on display in the evening at the conference reception. The Research Showcase is solely a forum for presentation of research. Marketing of products, services or software are not allowed at the Showcase.
The ACFP would like to thank all who particpated in the 2023 Research Showcase whether it be as an abstract submitter, abstract reviewer, adjudicator, or attendee! Both oral presentations and poster displays will be available for Summit Family Medicine Summit (Summit) registrants on the attendee hub until June 2023!
Be sure to check out this year’s research award recipients in both the oral presentation and poster display categories here!
Want to submit an abstract to the 2024 Research Showcase? The call for abstracts will open in October 2023!
Abstract Submission Rules and Regulations
- No limit to the number of abstracts an author may submit
- One abstract form is required for each abstract being submitted
- Submissions will be peer-reviewed. The Research Showcase review committee will evaluate and score each abstract based on the following criteria:
- Relevance and importance to family medicine
- Relevance to primary care research and researchers
- Clear, well-written description, well-defined objectives and appropriate learning methods/style
- Research Review Committee reserves the right to decide the presentation format of your submission, and may also limit the number of oral presentations for each presenter
- Decisions for acceptance are finalized in January