Welcome to the ACFP Webinars page.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues with no real pause in sight, the ACFP is proud to offer a variety of online learning options.
Check-In and Check-Up Virtual Webinar Series
The ACFP has created a Webinar series to provide continuing medical education and professional development opportunities for its members. This series is made possible by a Grant for Chapter-led CPD related to COVID-19 by the College of Family Physicians of Canada.
7 PM Thursday, July 16 – Virtual Doctors’ Lounge
This event is for and driven by physician engagement – guided by physician-submitted questions and conversation themes. The ACFP wants to provide a space for you to connect with your colleagues across Alberta—share your frustrations and the silver linings with each other, and insert humour where you can.
The Virtual Doctors’ Lounge is a place for you to make connections and share your stories. At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Compare changes colleagues have made to their clinics since the COVID-19 pandemic, including scheduling, use of PPE and virtual care appointments
- Build relationships through interaction with other physicians across the province of Alberta
- Relate mental health and wellness issues affecting patients and physicians in Alberta
- Apply strategies for maintaining a positive perspective in challenging times
Missed July’s VDL, come back soon for details August’s VDL
Join Sudha and Clark Thursday Night!
Past Check-In and Check-up Webinars
Juggling While the House is on Fire: Managing Multiple and Changing Priorities with Brenda Robinson, Wednesday, June 24
June 2 – 2020: Crisis & Opportunity for Physicians Part 1 by Dr. John Van Aerde
June 4 – 2020: Crisis & Opportunity for Physicians Part 2 by Dr. John Van Aerde
Virtual Keynote What the BLEEP is Going On? Tuesday, April 7
Virtual Keynote Healthy Homes: Physicians and Their Families Thursday, April 9
Ad-hoc Virtual Education Scientific Planning Committee
The ad-hoc Virtual Education Scientific Planning Committee was struck to ensure that all perspectives are considered in the planning process by providing professional guidance, knowledge, and discernment.
- Janet Craig, Edmonton
- Kiran Dhillon, Spruce Grove
- Nadine Letwin, Edmonton
- Cathy Scrimshaw, Pincher Creek
Other CME Offerings
Past CME Missed a COVID-19 related webinar?
- Primary Care’s Relaunch – Practical Approaches for the “New Normal” | AMA
- Business Viability in Times of Crisis | AMA
- Supporting the Well-Being of Healthcare Workers on the Front Line of the COVID-19 Crisis | Canadian College of Health Leaders
- Mental Health & COVID-19 Sessions | AHS & Calgary Zone PCNs
- Optimizing Clinic & PCN Team Supports to Enhance Patient Care Using Panel Management | AMA