Welcome to the ACFP Webinars
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues with no real pause in sight, the ACFP is proud to offer a variety of online learning options.
Check-In and Check-Up Virtual Webinar Series
The ACFP has created a Webinar series to provide continuing medical education and professional development opportunities for its members. This series is made possible by a Grant for Chapter-led CPD related to COVID-19 by the College of Family Physicians of Canada.
Virtual Doctors’ Lounge
This event is for family physicians and driven by physician engagement. Please submit your questions or themes ideas through the button below. 7 PM Tuesday, December 8 | Theme TBD
- Speakers – Drs. Sudha Koppula, Kiran Dhillon, and Adam Vyse.
- Dr. Vyse will kick off this session with updates regarding COVID-19 followed by topics/themes chosen by you! Submit your suggestions here.
The Virtual Doctors’ Lounge is a safe place for you to network, voice your frustrations, and share your silver linings with your colleagues from across the province. At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Compare changes colleagues have made to their clinics since the COVID-19 pandemic, including scheduling, use of PPE and virtual care appointments
- Build relationships through interaction with other physicians across the province of Alberta
- Relate mental health and wellness issues affecting patients and physicians in Alberta
- Apply strategies for maintaining a positive perspective in challenging times
Past Check-In and Check-up Webinars
Check-in and Check-up YouTube Playlist
Click the YouTube Playlist below to enjoy all of our past Check-in and Check-up webinar speakers and topics. Or, tap the menu icon in the top right corner to select from the playlist menu.
- Interrupting Racism in Your Practice: An Indigenous Perspective | November 19
- Juggling While the House is on Fire: Managing Multiple and Changing Priorities with Brenda Robinson | June 23
- Crisis & Opportunity for Physicians Part 2 by Dr. John Van Aerde | June 4
- Crisis & Opportunity for Physicians Part 1 by Dr. John Van Aerde | June 2
- Encore of CFPC’s COVID 19 Evidence Reviews with the PEER Team| May 12
- Healthy Homes: Physicians and Their Families with Dr. Jody Carrington | April 9
- What the BLEEP is Going On? with Dr. Jody Carrington | April 7
Nov 19 | Interrupting Racism in Your Family Practice
- Bias Module
- Bias & Discrimination Clip
- Levels of Racism: Gardener’s Tale
- Strategies to Support Others & Interrupt Racism (printable sheet)
- Examples of Racism in Health – Racism in Care Facilities
- Examples of Impacts of Racism in Health – Racism in Hospital Settings (Joyce Echaquan)
CPD & CME Opportunities
For a full list of upcoming events, click the image below for our CPD Calendar of Events.
Ad-hoc Virtual Education Scientific Planning Committee
The ad-hoc Virtual Education Scientific Planning Committee was struck to ensure that all perspectives are considered in the planning process by providing professional guidance, knowledge, and discernment.
- Janet Craig, Edmonton
- Kiran Dhillon, Spruce Grove
- Nadine Letwin, Edmonton
- Cathy Scrimshaw, Pincher Creek