Looking Through the Lens of Virtual Pain Care
Friday, June 04, 2021
8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
The APEC Planning Committee is developing an educational outreach forum, together with providers working in rural and northern regions of Alberta, to address identified learning gaps.
This event will deliver evidence informed presentations to empower physicians and allied health care providers with updated pain management strategies, treatments, tools and resources.
- Dr. Farnaz Amoozegar – Neurologist and Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Calgary
- Denise Boulerice – Chronic Disease Management Team Lead, Alberta Health Services
- Katie Churchill – Occupational Therapist and Senior Practice Lead in Allied Health Professional Practice & Education, Alberta Health Services.
- Kira Ellis – Physiotherapist Alberta Health Services and Rehabilitation Advice Line Supervisor.
- Tracy Fossum – President, Help Alberta’s Pain, Person with Lived Experience
- Douglas Gross – Professor, University of Alberta’s Department of Physical Therapy.
- Andrew Holosney – Exercise Therapist, Alberta Healthy Living Program’s Virtual Exercise Program
- Lenora Klassen – Physiotherapist
- Dr. Kerri Novak – Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine University of Calgary, Inflammatory Bowel Disease Group Foothills Medical Centre.
- Neil Pearson – Adjunct Professor at the University of British Columbia and an experienced physical therapist and yoga therapist.
- Dr. Cathy Scrimshaw – Family Physician (ret.), Medical Lead for the Alberta College of Family Physicians Collaborative Mentorship Network.