Let’s Talk About My Migraine
Friday, May 14, 2021
10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Together with Migraine Canada, Dr. Werner Becker and Dr. Elizabeth Leroux, we invite you to attend Let’s Talk About My Migraine on Friday, May 14, 2021.
This educational opportunity brings together experienced, multidisciplinary speakers to empower people with new migraine pain management strategies, treatments, and tools.
Whether you are a person with lived experience or a healthcare provider, we hope you can join us.
- Dr. Werner Becker MD, FRCPS (Neurology) – Preventive Medication Options to Reduce Your Migraine Attack Frequency
- Susan Cape – It’s All In Your Head! My Journey from Dismissal to Empowerment.
- Janice Cathcart BSN, M.Ed., R. Psych. – Relaxation, Mindfulness and Other Psychological Methods to Help Manage Your Migraine.
- Wendy Gerhart, Executive Director of Migraine Canada – Migraine Canada: Advocacy to Improve Migraine Care in Our Country.
- Dr. Michael Knash MD FRCPC (Neurology) CSCN (EMG) – Options for Treating Your Migraine Attacks at Home and When to go to the Emergency.
- Dr. Elizabeth Leroux MD, FRCPC – The Causes of Migraine and How to Adapt Treatment Plans and Migraine in the Workplace: Recognition and Adaptations.
- Laura McLeod BSc., RD – Using Diet to Help Manage Your Migraine.
- Shannon Rogers BSc. Ex Phys, RMT, CEP – How to Use Exercise to Manage Migraine and Improve Neck Health.
- Dr. Rob Tanguay BSc (Hons), MD, FRCPC, CISAM, CCSAM – Pain Society of Alberta President, Moderator.